Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Could be coming here!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Re: Could be coming here!

That is absurd!

well, depends what the highway speed limits are down there. most people do between 65 - 80 on the highway

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

All year round riding weather. The squids must come out of the woodwork.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Hmmm... I'd be interested to see statistics on the increase in police chases/running from the police when one knows that he or she will be losing their ride(s) fo' sho'. Hell...even I'd run!

Then again, this could make Tony's and other track programs mega profits, seeing that peeps will be left no other choice but to take it to the track...or run like hell.

Duct tape is like "The Force". It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Oh yeah thats a great way to spend even MORE tax dollars, and take in less: remove tax paying citizens, and spend money supporting them in jail. The jails are going to be even more overcrowded with speeders, leaving no room for real criminals. Them speeders are some real dangerous folk you know.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

I saw a special on tv about this and they showed kids doing wheelies through traffic at 100mph+ on the highways in Miami. They saw one kid fall in between cars, another wrecking with shorts and t shirt losing his sneaker to the passing lane, etc. etc. That law is definitly too extreme for every state, but we certainly don't have the incident rates that Miami does with their fast and furious biker boyzzzz.

Does it apply to cars as well?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

It techincally does since they threw it in at the last minute, but what percentage of bikes vs cars will actually be enforced you think? I bet cars will be given a lot of warnings.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Go ahead, confiscate my stolen ride! I triple dog dare ya!!

Good idea, terrible implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto View Post
    I saw a special on tv about this....
    I saw it on TV, so it MUST be real! I thought only SUV drivin' soccer moms believed all that propaganda. Now they even have sportbike ridin' foolz falling for it?

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

This law does apply to cars in spirit pnly. They threw it in there to try to make it look like it is not targeted. But they added that "both wheels must be in contact with the ground at all times".
    I have not seen a car capable of doing a wheelie. The forfeiture if the vehicle is at the third offense.

A big question is how are they going to handle out of state riders? I am not sure that they have the right to confiscate a bike registered out of state. So this could impact bike week.

I am also wondering if the communists that run Massachusettes will adopt a similar policy to try to make more money as well.

What they are doing is promoting running from the cops, after the first 4-5 mcycle deaths from hi speed chases it will be shot down. If not a good lawyer will do a number on it.

This is the typical result of people who know nothing about a topic trying to make rules to regulate it. If they truly want to have a positive impact, they should assemble a group of accomplished, well respected motorcyclists (of all genres) to come up with reasonable and useful ideas. Instead its going to be this where a series of ridiculous news stories about this law gone awry are going to have to happen before they realize its fucked. Trial and error with peoples lives is not a way to make a law.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

There would be no way to get a consensus on this from riders.

This law is specifically designed to get the squids, the stunters, and drag racer wannabee's off the street. As these types of riders are at the root of the problem, and quite honestly, have no concern for their own welfare, let alone their fellow riders, then they would not abide by the laws anyway.

They went through a lot of effort on this, that frankly could have been avoided. I would have rathered they pull over every bike. Then confiscate bikes that are not registered and insured. Might have had the same effect.

Are you really that much of an ass to ridicule me who you do not even know?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    I saw it on TV, so it MUST be real! I thought only SUV drivin' soccer moms believed all that propaganda. Now they even have sportbike ridin' foolz falling for it?

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto View Post
    Are you really that much of an ass to ridicule me who you do not even know?
    Is that a quote from the Bible? It sounds like something Jesus would say. Please cite your source.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post

You believe everything you hear about Iraq don't ya?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post
    This is the typical result of people who know nothing about a topic trying to make rules to regulate it. If they truly want to have a positive impact, they should assemble a group of accomplished, well respected motorcyclists (of all genres) to come up with reasonable and useful ideas. Instead its going to be this where a series of ridiculous news stories about this law gone awry are going to have to happen before they realize its fucked. Trial and error with peoples lives is not a way to make a law.
    So lets discuss reasonable and useful ideas...

How about radar tag on the bike so they can always be monitored?

Or a HUGE sticker on the sides that say the bike is legal.

Maybe restrictors or fuel cut off if over a certain speed.

Oh wait. Only have 250cc bikes for 16-18 year olds. 500's for 19-21, 600's for 22-25, 750's for 25-30.

That might work.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I agree with L3 up there, I think most people are missing the rules here. They're not targeting just "hooliogans", its anyone caught doing 30 over. I'm sure even squid haters like Doc have done that and if he catches the wrong cop he'd lose his license. I think getting the dumbass wheelie all over the place squids and stuff needs to go into effect, but this could affect all sorts of relatively responsible riders who like to crack the throttle every now and again.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I agree with L3 up there, I think most people are missing the rules here. They're not targeting just "hooliogans", its anyone caught doing 30 over. I'm sure even squid haters like Doc have done that and if he catches the wrong cop he'd lose his license. I think getting the dumbass wheelie all over the place squids and stuff needs to go into effect, but this could affect all sorts of relatively responsible riders who like to crack the throttle every now and again.

Yep I have. But ya know what. If I would have known that I might lose my license it may have made me think twice. If I knew the law and was caught it is no ones fault but mine.

I am all for the government staying out of our business but what are some GOOD ways to control the stupidity?

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You believe everything you hear about Iraq don't ya?
    All I know about Iraq is that it's no place to raise a family. I could give two shits about Iraq. I live in the United States and I don't watch the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    what are some GOOD ways to control the stupidity?
    How about enforcing current laws instead of making new ones? I've seen a lot of hooliganism - in Miami, in Boston, even in New Hampshire. I don't think I can say any one place is "more worser" than another.

Why not make the punishments for wheelies and other things more severe? Or why dont we make laws that punish things FAR more dangeous than wheelies?
    Just the fact they only added the cars provision to appease people arguing about discrimination shows they dont care about the cars. Why not initially have ALL vehicles traveling over 30, instead of just bikes? I know theres debate which is more dangerous, but I still vote a car doing 30 over is far more dangerous than bikes. Either completely enforce it, or find a better way to do it.

Zip Tie Alley #505